2023 State of Land Banking Survey
Published: October 2023
The State of Land Banking Survey, first conducted in 2021, represents the only opportunity for the land banking field to tell its story with comprehensive data.
Key takeaways from this year's survey:
- Affordable housing emerging as a top priority
- Declining inventory emerging as a top challenge, which will likely continue given hot housing markets
- Many more land banks are facilitating rehabs as one of their top activities
- Land banks need support with continued advocacy and education to political leaders for more funding support
- Land bank staff and boards need to continue working towards racial equity and providing leadership opportunities to people who look like the communities they represent represent their community
Citing this research: “2023 State of Land Banking Survey,” Center for Community Progress, October 2023. www.communityprogress.org/publications/2023-state-of-land-banking
Get the latest tools, resources, and educational opportunities to help you end systemic vacancy, delivered to your inbox.