The Land Bank Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Learning Cohort was an opportunity led by Center for Community Progress and Both/And Partners for land bank staff and board members working to disrupt systemic racism in their work and communities.
"Maybe you want to create equitable change within your land bank or community...but you’re not sure where to start. Or maybe you’ve already engaged in racial equity work: you’ve attended webinars, spearheaded community engagement efforts, revised policies toward equity and inclusion...but you’re not seeing enough impact from your efforts. If this sounds familiar, you are not alone. Facilitating change is often challenging, especially when you lack resources and support. But facilitating change doesn’t need to feel exhausting or hard, and you deserve to be supported on your journey." — Learning Cohort Application
Learning Cohort Participants
Five participants from each of the following land banks took part in the DEI Learning Cohort:
- Albany County Land Bank Corporation
- Dekalb County Land Bank
- Intend Indiana
- Louisville Metro Government
- Lucas County Land Bank
- Oakland County Land Bank
- Omaha Municipal Land Bank
- Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership
Learning Cohort Curriculum
At virtual workshops held April–June 2023, participants had the opportunity to:
- Learn how to meaningfully engage in dialogue around issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Share lived experiences with race and racism;
- Learn about systemic racism and how to disrupt the cycle of discrimination;
- Discover ways to become a better ally within your organization and community; and
- Gain inspiration and encouragement to pursue your land bank’s DEI initiatives.
Learn more about the Land Bank DEI Learning Cohort in this blog post.