Utilizing Partnerships and Collaboration in Vacant Land Stewardship
Event Type: Virtual
Topic(s): Vacant Land Stewardship
When: April 27, 2023
Time: 12:00 PM ET
Vacant land stewardship is the repurposing and maintenance of vacant lots in service of community needs, priorities, and goals. Effective collaboration and partnership between neighbors, community organizations, and local government lies at the core of successful vacant land stewardship.
Join Torrey Park and Laura Ginn of the St. Louis Vacancy Collaborative to hear about the history of the Vacancy Collaborative, specific projects and partnerships, and their use of data and mapping to advance the goal of reducing vacant property in St. Louis.
Join this webinar to:
- Learn the basics of effective vacant land stewardship
- Discover how collaborative initiatives like STL Vacancy Collaborative and Green City Coalition support local government in understanding and addressing vacancy
- Gain insights from the Vacant Property Explorer and Vacant Lot Toolkit, community green space developments like Peace Park, and other case studies of partnership in St. Louis
- Liz Kozub, Associate Director, National Technical Assistance – Center for Community Progress
- Laura Ginn, Vacancy Strategist – City of St. Louis
- Torrey Park, Director – St. Louis Vacancy Collaborative
Get the latest tools, resources, and educational opportunities to help you end systemic vacancy, delivered to your inbox.