National Land Bank Network Summit 2023
Event Type: Conference
Topic(s): Code Enforcement System, Creative Placemaking, Land Banks, Local Analysis, Parcel Data & Neighborhood Markets, Property Tax System, Racial Equity, State/National Analysis, Vacant Land Stewardship
When: October 16, 2023 - October 17, 2023
Cost: See conference page
Join us in Cleveland for two days of networking, learning, and community with other land bank professionals!
Land banks are an important tool for community revitalization. Entrusted with special quasi-governmental powers, they are uniquely positioned to help put vacant properties back on the path to productive use.
But despite this incredible potential, land banks across the country are under-resourced. Their hardworking staff have few opportunities to connect with one another, ask questions that only other land bank professional can answer, or share stories of success. The National Land Bank Network (NLBN) at Community Progress exists to fill this gap. At the 2023 NLBN Summit we will help land bank leaders and staff, learn about the latest strategies for addressing problem properties, share successes and common challenges, and network with others in the field. By building relationships and networks that last, the NLBN Summit will equip every land bank with practical tools to affect change in their communities.
If you have any questions about the Summit, please email Christina Carter-Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to hear when registration opens.
Call for Speakers
NLBN seeks land bank leaders and practitioners to share their knowledge and expertise at the 2023 Summit. Based on input from land banks across the country, we have identified learning tracks and session topics for the conference and are looking for speakers to address specific subject areas.
Successful NLBN Summit speaker submissions will articulate knowledge of practical tools, strategies, and/or program expertise for one of these topics.
Speakers will receive complimentary conference registration. Travel and lodging not included.
Interested in Becoming a Sponsor?
By supporting the 2023 National Land Bank Network Summit, you will directly help to
- Equip land bank leaders with actionable solutions to create opportunities for affordable housing, address the impact of climate change on communities, and steward properties so they build wealth for neighbors and neighborhoods, not out-of-state investors
- Foster relationships and networks between land bank leaders so no community leader feels like they have to go at it alone
- Create spaces for land bank leaders of color and leaders of rural land banks to connect on the unique challenges they face
- Uplift success and best practices so policies and practices that work in one community can be shared and scaled
- Raise national awareness of land banks as tools to promote community revitalization, racial equity, and social justice
If you have any questions about sponsorship, please email Madison Gharghoury at email@example.com.
Get the latest tools, resources, and educational opportunities to help you end systemic vacancy, delivered to your inbox.