Land Banks 101: The Fundamentals of Land Banking and Equitable Development
Event Type: Virtual
Topic(s): Land Banks
When: February 27, 2020
Time: 12 PM ET
In the last decade, the number of land banks in the United States has increased exponentially, to almost 200 across more than 15 states. Attend this session to learn how one core success strategy for addressing vacancy, tax delinquency, and abandonment is helping communities drive equitable development.
In this session you’ll learn:
- The history and unique powers of land banks,
- How to evaluate when and if a land bank is the right community fit,
- The top land banking pitfalls to avoid, and
- Successful strategies for partnerships
While land banks are not a silver bullet, they can serve as a powerful tool to advance community-driven goals to advance equity in your neighborhood.
- Kim Graziani – Vice President and Director of National Technical Assistance
Get the latest tools, resources, and educational opportunities to help you end systemic vacancy, delivered to your inbox.