How to Use Property Condition Data for Vacant Land Stewardship
Event Type: Virtual
Topic(s): Parcel Data & Neighborhood Markets, Vacant Land Stewardship
When: July 28, 2022
Time: 12 PM ET
Do you know how many vacant lots there are in your community? Where are they? What condition are they in? What condition are the surrounding buildings in? If you don’t have the answers–or don’t know how to use the data you do have–you’re not alone. Taking care of vacant land starts with understanding what your community has. In this webinar, we’ll talk about how places are using walking or windshield surveys to capture a variety of property condition information, mapping it, and using it to inform vacant land stewardship and other revitalization efforts. We’ll cover different models for implementing property condition inventories and how to use the data you collect.
Watch this webinar to:
- Learn about property condition inventories and the types of data they can collect.
- Discover multiple models for conducting parcel condition surveys.
- See how survey data informs vacant land strategies.
- Janell O’Keefe – Senior Program Officer for Michigan Initiatives, Center for Community Progress
- Melissa Hertlein – Genesee County Land Bank, Flint, Michigan
- Austin Harrison – Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee
Get the latest tools, resources, and educational opportunities to help you end systemic vacancy, delivered to your inbox.