COVID-19 Recovery: The Future of America’s Communities & Today’s Equity Opportunity
Event Type: Virtual
When: September 24, 2021
Time: 12 PM ET
When any crisis emerges, it always presents us with an opportunity to shape more equitable American communities. How we respond, whether through large stimulus packages or local code enforcement decisions, can have long-lasting impacts and define the challenges residents will face in the future. The COVID-19 pandemic is no different and requires us to not only respond to the immediate dangers but also pursue strategies that bring forth long-lasting equitable outcomes.
Join this webinar to hear and share perspectives on:
- How cities will fundamentally change as a result of COVID and how to plan for that change,
- Early indicators for understanding and anticipating neighborhood conditions,
- Major issues and opportunities facing national and local leaders, and
- Community development urgent opportunities for contributing to long-term economic recovery and equitable outcomes across the United States.
- Christopher Coes – Vice President for Land Use and Development, Smart Growth America (SGA)
- Brandi Mack – Director of Community Engagement, Designing Justice + Designing Spaces
- Alan Mallach – Senior Fellow, Center for Community Progress
- Jovan Hackely – Director of Communications, Center for Community Progress
Get the latest tools, resources, and educational opportunities to help you end systemic vacancy, delivered to your inbox.