Land Banks 101: The Fundamentals of Land Banking and Equitable Development
Event Type: Virtual
Topic(s): COVID-19, Land Banks
When: March 25, 2021
Time: 12 PM ET
This webinar will share the basics about land banks, a proven tool in addressing vacancy, tax delinquency, and abandonment, and how COVID-19 will likely trigger another significant expansion of the national land bank movement.
In this session you’ll learn:
- The history and unique powers of land banks
- What a land bank can and can’t do
- Common features of successful land banks
- How land banks have evolved: from transactional to transformational
- Successes, innovative partnerships, and trends in the field
While land banks are not a silver bullet, they can serve as a powerful tool to recover from disruption or disaster, advance equity in your neighborhood, and support community-driven goals. Please join us for this educational session and bring a lunch and some friends.
- Tarik Abdelazim – Director of National Technical Assistance, Center for Community Progress
Get the latest tools, resources, and educational opportunities to help you end systemic vacancy, delivered to your inbox.